Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Walk to End Hunger

A friend of mine, Christine, asked me if I was ready to do a 5k.  We had already walked about a mile around Almaden Lake Park.  My knee needs exercise, and that means walking.  So, I figured why not?  If I'm going to do a half marathon, I better start walking now.

So we all signed up for the Walk to End Hunger.

I'm still on the steroids, so I still have moon face, and my weight is up.  A girl needs to get her exercise!  Two more weeks and I will be off the steroids.

I guess this is my first race.  (Well, I did the San Francisco Halloween run 5K, in costume, about 30 years ago.  I went as a file folder, complete with paper clips and post it notes.  That was so hard to run in!)

What a beautiful day for a walk!  Fred pushed the stroller, Christine and I walked about an 20 minute mile, and Duane was so slow that he dropped out.  Really?  Ufda!

I finished in just under a hour.  (Christine could have gone faster, but she stayed with me. That was nice!)  Not too bad for someone who has just been through the ringer.

No comments:

Post a Comment