Saturday, December 21, 2013

Chemo Brain

I just did something that I never did before. After being cleared to fly, I made airplane reservations for Christmas to visit my husband's relatives.  I must have clicked the button to search all local airports, because I accidentally made reservations to fly out of San Francisco, not San Jose, like I usually do.

Not realizing this, we went to San Jose airport today to catch our flight.  Of course, we couldn't bring up the flight of the computer and I couldn't figure out why.  So we went to the agent who, of course, told us that our flight was out of San Francisco.

Ack!  Chemo brain!  And radiation brain!

We were two hours ahead of when our flight departed, but the agent said we would never make it.  There were no other flights which we could book - everything was sold out.  There was no way that I was going to screw up Christmas!

So.... we make a split second decision, walked out of the airport and grabbed a taxi up to San Francisco airport.  We asked the taxi driver if he could get us there in an hour.  One hundreds dollars and an hour later, and managing to get past an accident on Highway 101, we managed to get to there there with 50 minutes to get through check in and security. Check in went fine and security was pretty light, despite what the San Jose agent had told us.  We made it with 5 minutes to spare!  That was the closest shave ever!  Thank God it was a domestic flight.

I've never been so glad to get on a plane!

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever done. Next time I'll ask Duane to review!

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete