Monday, January 13, 2014

Pneumonia

Went to the track to walk 3 miles last Friday.  I was winded after 1 mile.  Sweating bullets.  What is wrong me?  I just felt off.

Afterwards went to my motor therapy appointment.  This is so weird.  They want to make sure I won't fall down.  Right total knee replacement and right side motor deficit.  OK.  Passed this test with flying colors.  But now they put me in a harness and are making me try to match the moving square.  I was never very physically coordinated to begin with and this is difficult for me. I go one way and that square goes a different way.  I hate this.  More exercises, but can't do deep knee bends. Maybe a pilates ball?  Need to strengthen my hips and back.

I went to a spiritual talk Friday evening with the mom's from my son's school.   Love Fr. Timothy, but I thought he was going to give a 10 minute speech, but it turned into an hour and a half.  I was coughing the whole time (quietly, I hope, but probably not quite). And I kept falling asleep.  Very low energy.  Ugh.  Poor Fr. Timothy.  I was a terrible audience!

Today I had an appointment with my chemo doctor.  She kept listening to my chest.  Apparently the prophylactic antibiotics (because I was on steroids for so long) didn't work, and I have a full blown case of pneumonia.

Well, that explains a few things!  Why I couldn't walk three miles and why I have been coughing so much.  I had no idea that I had pneumonia! 

Steroids make you feel great.  You want to clean your entire house in ten minutes.  However, the side effects are horrible.  Loss of long muscles (quadriceps), and the possibility of pneumonia, among others.  I can't get out of a chair without pushing myself up with my arms.

Time to rest.  Hopefully I will feel better.  But I'm packing the house up, and we are moving out to a rental home on January 17th for the duration of the remodel.  No rest for the weary - or sick.

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete