Friday, February 28, 2014

Recuperation


 We moved out of our home while it was being remodeled.  Over the last couple months, I have survived pneumonia and the flu (last February).  Yuck!  I am now getting more exercise, which is a good thing.  But I still feel weak from these sicknesses, the radiation, and the chemo.  What is more the steroids have atrophied my long muscles which makes it difficult to get out of a chair.  Nevertheless, I'm am now losing weight that I am no longer on the steroids, and waking more.   Yeah! My right knee is now mostly rehabilitated.  So I'm waking more which is a good thing.  Starting to walk long distances in preparation for my first half marathon, Run Like a Diva.  Christine Ibanez makes it so easy! So I did a 10K (6.2 miles) this month and another 10 mile hike.

My physical, speech and occupational therapy are now done. Turns out that the fix for my rolling the mouse off the keyboard shelf was layered velcro attached to the right side of the shelf.  Works great!  Also, my right pinky can't feel when I type, so I a little bit of velcro on the "P" and the "M" keys.  This doesn't work as well, because I'm not a touch typist anymore and when I look at the keys, I ignore the velcro and press the key next to it.  Harumph!

Bald 
At this point, my "comb over" was pretty much gone, so I shaved my head.  It will grow back, but it looked horrible!  I don't look good bald.  I bought a very stylish wig.  Then my hubby decided to buy me another wig for my birthday, despite my telling him that one wig was plenty and please don't.  But he did it anyway, and when I put the wig on, it looks like I have an afro.  What was he thinking?  I must confess that I wasn't very grateful, and one of my priests joked that I should wear it for a week as penance.  That left me speechless until I heard the giggling from beyond the screen!  Very funny!

Good Wig
Bad Wig
This month I had another MRI - all clear.  It's too soon for "Spot" to recur anyway.

On Friday, February 21st, we went to the annual Revs vs. Sems basketball game.  So much fun to see the priests playing the seminarians.  Usually the priests win, but for the last two years the seminarians have really stepped up their game and have won.  Well, they are younger and there are more of them!  I looked very stylish in MY wig!

My husband's relatives came out from Massachusetts for a visit.  That was fun!  We went to a nice restaurant in Willow Glen and had a good visit.  It turns out that they will also be going to the Holy Land just after us.  This was the primary thing on my bucket list:  to walk where Jesus walked and to see what he saw.  So we signed up for a pilgrimage which will start next month.

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete