Tuesday, November 5, 2013

First Day of Chemo and Radiation

Would  you like to make "emissions" in this toilet?
Credit: http://drhousecleaning.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-clean-toilet.html

Today's schedule for radiation was at 7:00 am.  This was fine because I'm now going to sleep at 10:00 pm, which means I'm waking up at 5:00 am.  It is a good time to think and get stuff done.  Beginning  on November 19th, I get into a regular slot at 7:45 am, but until someone else comes off the calendar I'm in whatever time they can put me - which means very late in the day.  I balked at 7:00 pm, and and at least got them to put me in a little bit earlier in the day.  Amazing that they have such a back up of patients.

My first supplies of chemo arrived around 11:30 am.  Unfortunately, that was too late for me to take it because I was supposed to have lunch with friends.  So I opted to take them two hours after lunch.  Had a nice lunch with friends at Cheesecake Factory, one of my favorite places, and had my Grilled Chicken Tostada Salad.  Yum!  Lots of greens and lean protein, which is good for me.

After getting home, I took my daily dose.  I decided not to take a anti-nausea medicine because I wasn't sure I needed one.  As it turns out, I didn't have any nausea all day... until midnight when I woke up wondering if what I was feeling was nausea.  So I got up to go the bathroom and promptly threw up.  I guess that answered my question.  After taking an anti-nausea medication, I slept through the rest of the night.  Ahh!

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete