Monday, November 4, 2013

Dry Run

Today I met my chemo doctor - on the day that my chemo is supposed to start.  Although there are a long list of side effects, I found out that nausea, rash and diarrhea are the main ones, with a slight drop in white blood cells.  I've have a blood test every week to check on my immune system.  Since they don't have any samples, I'll have to wait for them to arrive tomorrow.  Apparently, I'm not allowed to order them chemo drugs from my pharmacy. The insurance company requires that they be distributed by mail order. This may have something to with a shortage of chemo drugs in this country, and as well as them not being in big demand. 

The dry run for radiation also happened today.  They put my mask on, and situated me on the table and measured distances so that they would be putting the radiation in the right place.  I happened to wear an longer cotton shirt from India, and found that I don't need to wear a gown if I wear that.  Need more Indian shirts!  I need an excuse to go shopping!

I had an another PT appointment for my knee.  My knee is more swollen today because she worked on the back where the hamstring attaches.  More stretching needed!

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete